Frankland Island Tours
You can save 5% to 15% in our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre.
(With over 12 years’ experience and local knowledge to deliver you the best price to suit your budget)
Frankland Islands including Normanby Island is a National Park. The Frankland Islands are part coral cay, part coral atoll, with a rainforest with varied flora and fauna. We love going to Frankland Islands as it is uninhabited and unspoiled. With low numbers that average only 50 persons and with a maximum of a 100 people. We love the fact there are no crowds.
Experience a tropical island uninhabited, unspoilt, a unique Great Barrier Reef trip & Island day tour.
Frankland Islands is part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Cairns Tropical North Queensland Australia.
For the best prices to suit your budget on Franklin Islands day trips, day tours, Franklin Island cruise and ferry, see the options below and fill in the inquiry form.
Your holiday tour begins on the Mulgrave River then, the short ocean trip to the Frankland Islands. Enjoy the beautiful beach environment. Take a guided snorkelling tour or the guided marine park island tour through different island environments including rainforest and rock pools. Experience snorkelling or diving the fringing coral reef or just enjoy the beautiful beach.
Tour options and locations
Frankland Islands (Normanby Island, part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park) is located south of Cairns via Deeral and the Mulgrave River.
We have several choices to suit your budget, choice of either Frankland Island full day cruise or ‘All Inclusive Frankland Island Tour Package’ or Frankland Island self drive package.
1. FULL DAY CRUISE: Includes River cruise along Mulgrave River with commentary to the Frankland Islands and all taxes (EMC and National Park fees). Also includes tropical lunch, morning &afternoon tea, snorkel equipment and protection suit (summer only). Addition bonus is the Guided Rock Pool + Island Discovery Tour and submersible tour or glass bottom boat tour. We love the informative tour, which talks about all parts of the island ecology but especially the very interesting rock pools and the guided snorkeling tour with marine biologist.
2. ALL INCLUSIVE FRANKLAND ISLAND TOUR: Includes River cruise along Mulgrave River to Frankland Islands, and taxes (EMC and National Park fees). Activities includes guided snorkelling with marine biologist ‘semi-submersible/glass bottom boat tour’, guided walk rock pool discovery tour, Tropical lunch morning and afternoon tea. And also Lycra protection suit (summer only).
3. FULL DAY FRANKLAND ISLAND CRUISE PLUS ONE DIVE PACKAGE: Cruise and one intro dive package means you save $40 off the normal price with this combo.
4. FRANKLAND ISLAND EXPERIENCE: This special package includes Frankland Islands Tours & Cairns Beach Accommodation (Cairns northern Beaches).
5. SELFDRIVE FRANKLAND ISLAND TOUR: Save on bus transfer which are an additional 16 $ per person. Self drive approximately 40 minute from Cairns to Deeral to met Frankland Island boat. Contact us for a detailed self drive map to find your way there. Please note that Frankland Island bus transfers are only available from Cairns and Cairns Northern Beaches. All other areas need self drive options.
General tour information
If you need bus transfers from your hotel, scuba diving, introductory or certified please list in the ‘inquiry for booking form’ below.
Franklin Island Activities
We have a variety of additional Franklin Island Activities that you can add to your booking.
1. Frankland Island Diving: Frankland Island certified diving. Enjoy up to 2 certified dives. Please note some medical conditions and medications may prohibit you from diving. Diving is usually done at selected dive sites reached by tender on the western side of the island.
2. Frankland Island Introductory diving: Enjoy up to 2 introductory dives. Please note some medical conditions and medications may prohibit you from diving. Diving is usually done at selected dive sites reached by tender on the western side of the island.
3. Advanced Snorkeling Tour :Usually undertaken on the western side of island where the large coral bommies are in the deeper water. Requirement is to be a competent swimmer for the advanced snorkeling tour.
4. Frankland Island Full Day Cruise plus one intro dive: Save $ 40 when you prebook this option with us. This is the most affordable Franklin Island intro dive and cruise option.
5. Frankland Island underwater camera hire: We have high quality digital underwater cameras including CANON + GoPro, 1 day hire or multiple day hire all discounted rate. They come with a free 4G Stick free to keep. Camera is delivered to you. Easy to use, instruction given, high quality images. Takes videos and hundreds of photos.
6. Camping Russel Island via Frankland Island Transfer: A QPWS camping permit is required for this activity. Camper are required to supply all there own gear, food, water, tent, etc. Nothing is supplied only the transfer. Please note there is no power, no bathroom facilities and no cooking facilities there. It’s like being on a deserted island you are totally responsible for everything.
7. Frankland Island Semi-Submersible Tour: Choice of semisubmersible or glass bottom boat on the day depends on weather conditions.
8. Franklin Island Glass Bottom Boat Tour: Choice of semisubmersible or glass bottom boat on the day depends on weather conditions.
9. Prescription masks are available for hire: Wet suits are available for hire
10. Frankland Island bus transfers: Pick up from Cairns and Cairns Northern Beaches only
We have special discount for students, families, backpackers, seniors and groups. Just for starters our Frankland Island Family Pack means one child travels for FREE. Ask us about school holiday deals with one child goes free with every full paying adult. This is only available over school holidays. Franklin Islands Kids Club is available over QLD, VIC, NSW school holiday period, it is free and goes for 2 hours where children 4 – 14 can participate in drawing, craft, treasure hunts, environmental activities. Our Cairns Discount vouchers and coupons to save you on a large variety of other Cairns attractions. Discounts off standard underwater cameras and many others.
Free Tour bookings save by booking all your tours in the one location. Free tour reports and free Maps. Free 25% discount voucher on our standard underwater cameras, free postcards. No credit card fees charged by us. Free Aboriginal Cloth badge from our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre. Enjoy FREE wifi in our Visitor Centre.
It depends on the tour selected and any additional options you may select and the number of persons booking. We find the best and cheapest options as well as applying discounts to your tours. Contact us regarding any other Cairns Tours you wish to book. We book all Cairns Tours.
Book this tour
Book the Cairns tourBooking tour has never been easier. Book in person at our Visitor Centre and receive a paper ticket. If booking over the phone or by email please follow the following procedure.
- Just fill in the enquiry form
- We send you a quote
- You pay a deposit
- We send you your E-Ticket which you take with you on the day of travel
- You pay your balance directly to the tour operator selected on day of travel.
Looking for Cairns accommodation as well as your Cairns tours? We also offer accommodation with a special discounts through us. We have budget, affordable and luxury, self-contained accommodation, by the beach and in Cairns. The beach accommodation is located only 50m from the beach, and it faces a rainforest. Stay and utilize our local expertise on all Cairns tours.