Cairns Aboriginal tours
You can save 5% to 15% in our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre
(We have 12 years’ experience and local knowledge to deliver you the best price to suit your budget)
Discover real aboriginal tours that feature aboriginal culture, learn about aboriginal ceremony legends, tribal painting, aboriginal art, theatre and dancing.
From rock art to aboriginal attractions like Tjakukai, learning to play the didgeridoo or boomerang and spear throwing, we have the most diverse range of indigenous trips, activities and experiences in Cairns Tropical North Queensland Australia.
Tour options and locations
We have a wide range of other tours available; if you have a particular aboriginal tour you would like to experience just advise us below on the enquiry form. Locations range from Cairns, Smithfield, Kuranda, Cooktown, Hopevale, Laura, and Daintree Cape Tribulation.
1. ABORIGINAL ROCK ART GUURBI: Tours Cooktown with Nugal-warra elder Willie Gordon, winner of the ‘2007 Indigenous Tour Guide Award’, Listed in RACQ 150 must do’s is this very inspirational and popular tour. Willie shares the stories about his people &land.
A. Afternoon tour: Ex Cooktown 3.5 Hours, self-drive option: 2 hours from Hopevale.
B. Morning tour: Rainbow Serpent Tour Ex Cooktown 5.5 hours Ex Hopevale self-drive option (4 hours) This walking tour takes you to 6 rock art sites through dramatic landscapes tour includes a visit to an ancestral birth cave. Along the way you learn some of the survival techniques of the Nugal-warra people.
2. TJAPUKAI ABORIGINAL CULTURAL PARK: is set o 11 hectares of tribal land just 15 minutes from Cairns.
A. Tjapukai by Day: is a show case of indigenous culture of local Tjapukai people featuring Tjapukai dance theatre, creation theatre didgeridoo, spear throwing boomerang throwing, bush foods and medicines.
B. Tjapukai by Night: Enjoy a delicious 4 course buffet dinner & evening of traditional dance, music &delicious food. Feel the powerful spirit of the Tjapukai people as they take you into dreamtime.
3. DAINTREE DREAMING DAY TOUR: 2 hours coastal mangrove walk with one of the Kuku Warra brothers who follow traditions of their ancestors, learn how to hunt , gather fish mud crabs , throw a spear &about bush foods and medicine. Then onto Janbal Gallery for aboriginal art experience. Visit spectacular Niau Waterfall Daintree, enjoy interpretive guided rainforest walk . Tour includes lunch and transfers to &from your hotel.
4. RAINFOREST STATION NATURE PARK: Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience. Learn about aboriginal culture& watch traditional dance performance. Have a go at boomerang throwing, watch spear throwing didgeridoo playing. Immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture on the Dreamtime Walk.
5. FLAMES OF THE FOREST: A mystical spell binding evening set in ancient rainforest just 10 minutes from Port Douglas. Two Aboriginal brothers entertain you with storytelling, didgeridoo playing and song whilst you dine on fine cuisine A unique dining experience.
6. ABORIGINAL EXPERIENCE: Aboriginal tour and Cairns Accommodation. Stay in an apartment decorated by local indigenous art works and artifacts including those by local aboriginal artist Bernie Singleton.
7. LAURA ABORIGINAL FESTIVAL:
We have special discount for students, seniors and groups. Discount vouchers and coupons to save you on a large variety of other Cairns attractions. Discounts off underwater cameras and many others.
Free bookings, save time and money by booking all your tours in the one location. Free tour reports and free maps. Free 25% discount voucher off our standard underwater cameras, free postcards. Enjoy FREE wifi in our Visitor Centre.
It depends on the tour selected, your budget and number of persons booking. We find the best and cheapest options as well as applying discounts to your tours.
Book this tour
Book the Cairns tourBooking tour has never been easier. Book in person at our Visitor Centre and receive a paper ticket. If booking over the phone or by email please follow the following procedure.
- Just fill in the enquiry form
- We send you a quote
- You pay a deposit
- We send you your E-Ticket which you take with you on the day of travel
- You pay your balance directly to the tour operator selected on day of travel.
Looking for Cairns accommodation as well as your Cairns tours? We also offer accommodation with a special discounts through us. We have budget, affordable and luxury, self-contained accommodation, by the beach and in Cairns. The beach accommodation is located only 50m from the beach, and it faces a rainforest. Stay and utilize our local expertise on all Cairns tours.